Friday 27 November 2020

BOOKS | Review: A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

 Name: A Conjuring of Light

Author: V.E. Schwab

Publisher: Titan Books

Date published: February 2017

Genre: Fiction, adult, fantasy, romance, adventure

Pages: 666

Rating: 5/5

The precarious equilibrium among the four Londons has reached its breaking point. Once brimming with the red vivacity of magic, darkness casts a shadow over the Maresh Empire, leaving a space for another London to rise. Kell - once assumed to be the last surviving Antari - begins to waver under the pressure of competing loyalties. Lila Bard, once a commonplace - but never common - thief, has survived and flourished through a series of magical trials. But now she must learn to control the magic, before it bleeds her dry.

Meanwhile, the disgraced Captain Alucard Emery and the Night Spire crew are attempting a race against time to acquire the impossible, as an ancient enemy returns to claim a crown and a fallen hero is desperate to save a decaying world...

- From Goodreads.

A Conjuring of Light was an incredible conclusion to a fantastic series. I was emotional and enthralled for the whole book and sad for it to end because I loved the characters and world so much. 

I loved every moment between Kell and Lila, I adored their relationship and I think V.E. Schwab wrote their romance very well. I also enjoyed reading the relationship between Rhy and Alucard, especially towards the end of the book. 

Schwab continued to add more to the world and the magic system in an inventive and unique way. The world felt so real and there were so many wonderful details. I very much enjoyed exploring the world throughout the book.

Overall this was a really wonderful book that wrapped everything up well and really made my heart ache for all the characters and everything they had been through. I really loved Kell and Lila and I was so happy that they had a good ending together, even though I was sad for the things that they lost along the way. I definitely recommend this series if you are looking for an epic adventure that will give you plenty of emotional reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOOKS | Review: Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross

Name: Divine Rivals ( Letters of Enchantment #1) Author: Rebecca Ross Publisher: Magpie Books (Harper Collins) Date published: April 2...